Claire is a fashion entrepreneur with an idea she has been working on for a couple of years. A local boutique e-commerce site aimed at small to medium-sized boutiques who might not have their own websites enabling both boutique owners as well as retail customers to shop from boutiques in their area through an online portal.
Cutting edge digital e-commerce stores are making it easy to sell and buy goods online. With headless commerce and progressive web applications (PWA), the world is becoming a storefront as brands enable commerce via websites and apps. The promise of headless commerce is the freedom to sell anywhere without design or development constraints— reimagining the architecture.
Helping storefronts stay in business and provide customers with a flawless online shopping experience.
The client required that users be able to shop from boutiques that are within a 15-mile radius of their location. The site is aimed at small to medium-sized boutiques. Helping storefronts stay in business and provide customers with a flawless online shopping experience. The idea was to create a website and Progressive Web App (PWA) with simple navigation for product purchase and checkout.
I could not be happier!
I highly recommend this company.
Owner – Shop the Area
“After 2 years of obstacles with other companies in the states, a friend recommended QED42. They were friendly, knowledgeable, prompt and accommodating to my needs. They were able to give me a great product in less than 5 months. They stayed under my budget. I could not be happier! My app is a delivery service for retail stores. The first release was better than I could have imagined and I cannot wait to continue working with them. I highly recommend this company.”
Performance is the core criteria for e-commerce. For every second it takes to load a page, customers (and revenue) are lost.
- Design and build a flexible e-commerce marketplace for boutiques to sell their products
- Boutiques can self manage their storefronts on e-commerce platforms
- Dashboard for boutiques to see reports on their products
- Geolocation integration for delivery feasibility and better shopping experience
- Content Management capabilities blended into the e-commerce experience for promotions
- Simple navigation, search functionality, location-based services and payment gateway integration
- Simple and intuitive design
Traditionally Drupal commerce has been an exceptional framework to build flexible e-commerce experiences for serving e-commerce websites. However, out of the box, it falls short at matching the modern e-commerce sites when it comes to performance and user experience. After understanding the success criteria we decided to use a modern JS framework along with Drupal and decided to go with GatsbyJS, as it solved both these problems of performance and rich user experience by rendering blazing fast static data, yet supporting commerce functions via direct API calls.
Along with a responsive website we also delivered a Progressive Web App for the site.
- A decoupled Drupal backend for the core e-commerce administration like boutiques onboarding, product management, reports etc with a Gatsby front-end for the end-users for performance and rich user experience.
- Drupal Commerce provides out of the box features for an e-commerce platform along with the framework to build custom solutions and works perfectly as a dashboard that is easy to understand and use for store owners to manage their store, inventories, and orders.
- In third party software, we used Google Places API for address and distance calculations and Stripe as the payment gateway.
- The backend has been hosted in AWS while the app is hosted in Netlify
- There may be scenarios where a user might lose the products added to the cart because they haven’t logged in, resulting in poor user experience.
- To avoid this we created a custom REST endpoint which will be triggered when an anonymous user registers on the site.
- When a user registers on the site we assign the current cart with the newly registered user. In this way when a user logs in on the site and checks the cart page, the products will remain intact in the cart.
We designed and built a flexible e-commerce marketplace for boutiques to sell their products.
- Decoupled Drupal with Gatsby front-end helped create a super-fast customer-facing application.
- Additionally, Gatsby provides browser caching which sped up page loads even more on consecutive visits.
- Gatsby also provides PWA out of the box.