DrupalCon Europe 2021: Everything we’re excited about!
Bringing together the greatest Drupal minds from all over the world on one stage, DrupalCon Europe is back again bringing much excitement to the community. Having something in store for all business verticals, the highlight of this year’s DrupalCon are the Drupal Camps which are being organized in 7 cities throughout Europe.
Scheduled to happen from October 4 till October 7, 2021, DrupalCon Europe 2021 is being hosted as a virtual event open for anyone to attend after registration. There are a total of 90 sessions scheduled to take place over the course of four days under five different tracks.
Keynote sessions of DrupalCon Europe 2021
There are a total of four keynote sessions happening on each of the four days of DrupalCon. The most eminent personalities from the tech community are the Keynote speakers of this year’s event.
Here is a list of Keynote events that you should look out for:
- Sound Ideas: Unlocking Creativity - LJ Rich, a world-renowned musician and presenter of BBC’s international technology show called BBC Click will be presenting her session on October 4, 2021. Her session will revolve around the interaction of music and technology in the AI space.
- Build vs Buy - Pfizer and Open Source - This session by Pfizer’s Richard Jones, Dick Olsson, and Jess Romeo is scheduled for October 5 2021. This session will revolve around Pfizer’s opensource journey and will throw light on how Pfizer has used Drupal to its advantage.
- Driesnote - The most awaited keynote session in DrupalCon, Driesnote is the session by the founder of Drupal itself, Dries Buytaert. In his keynote session, Dries will update the audience on the Drupal project and will also talk about the development of Drupal. His session is scheduled for October 6, 2021.
- Drupal Core Initiative Leads - One of the most informative sessions in DrupalCon, this assembly will entail everything that’s happening in and around the Drupal community. This is the third instalment of this keynote and will also have samples of Drupal community leaders and what they’re currently working on. This session is scheduled for October 7, 2021.
Let's hear it for Drupal Camps
Bringing the local Drupal Camps into the ambit of DrupalCon, this year’s convention will witness the forces of this regional and global community joining hands together to make DrupalCon a success.
The camps will benefit from increased visibility of the audience attending DrupalCon, so the participants can cherry-pick which Drupal Camps they want to travel to, next year when DrupalCon won't be virtual anymore. Furthermore, this year, DrupalJam has been made a part of DrupalCon, so the best minds of the industry will share their insights right in DrupalCon itself.
Here is a list of all the Drupal Camps:
- Drupaljam, The Netherlands
- Drupal Mountain Camp, Switzerland
- Drupal Germany
- DrupalCamp Kyiv
- DrupalCamp Finland
- DrupalCamp Belgium - Ghent 2021
- Drupal Wrocław
We’ll be there as well
Not to forget, we too will be presenting sessions at DrupalCon Europe 2021. Here is a full list of our sessions:
- How Drupal internship can help the Drupal project and your organization: Selected as a featured session, this seminar by Jay Kandhari will shed light on QED42’s journey of contributing to the Drupal talent pool. He will also discuss how training the interns with the right approach can be beneficial to your organization, not just the community.
- A Sustainable Approach Drupal Contributions: This session by Mohit Aghera and Piyuesh Kumar will focus on what has helped us plan long-term commitments to the Drupal Projects and helped build an effective contribution culture.
- Always fresh, cacheable content using Cache Tags, Purge and Akamai: This presentation by Hemant Gupta ̣and Graham Arrowsmith will focus on practices to have content that is ‘always cacheable’ using cache variations.
- A better experience for everyone - Accessibility: Bringing you an inside view of Accessibility, Nikita Aswani in her session will take us through what it really means to be accessible. Nikita in her session will also highlight the importance of empath in being accessible and how the two are interlinked to each other.
- How to empower your marketing team with a DIY Layout Builder using Paragraphs: This session by Ruchika Mohite and Abhai Sasidharan will share insights around how we enhanced the Paragraph’s module of Drupal to create a drag and drop user interface to create flexible web pages.
- Introduction to the Bug Smash Initiative: If giving back to the Drupal community is something that is on your task list, then this session is for you. A deep dive into the Bug Smash initiative, this session by Mohit and Frank will take you through the introduction, initiative, and how you can be a part of the initiative.
- Things a professional services firm should do to thrive: In this session, Abhay Kumar will take us through what makes or breaks a service firm. He will also apprise the audience of the strategies that multinationals have deployed to increase brand value, enhance delivery & sales etc.
Why you should attend DrupalCon Europe 2021
If, even after reading through this blog you’re still thinking if you should attend or not, here is one more reason for you. Being a silver sponsor of DrupalCon Europe 2021, we are thrilled to highlight that we will soon be announcing some cool live booth talks, panel discussions and exciting giveaways in our endeavour of making DrupalCon a huge success. Watch this space for more information.